My latest baby project is complete: The mobile for above the crib.
We’re loosely going with an elephant theme in the nursery, so that’s where the elephant inspiration came from. I’m not artistic enough to draw my own elephant shape that looks half decent, so I used this free template and adjusted the size a little bit. So for under $10 in supplies (plus enough leftover for another upcoming project), here’s what I ended up with:
I might try to figure out some way to make the neon green a little darker so it’s closer to a lime green, but it was the closest colour I could find to what I was looking for so I went with it.
I was going for a handmade look, so I decided to leave the edges of the ears unfinished. I did, however, put some fray-check on them to stop them from fraying over time.